
Class, lately I have become totally infatuated with Squidoos or Squids as some call them. They are like a country cousin to blogs, but they are more tightly focused on a specific subject. If you have a passion for something and know a lot about it, Squidoos are your answer. They're not nearly as complicated as blogs and require little computer prowess-- placing somewhere between a Tumblelog and a blog in tech skill level. Of course, the great lenses are a glory to behold for they are so ALL inclusive!!
Many bloggers are also successful Squidoo lens masters.
Due to having acquired a mentor who held my hand through my first Squidoo creation and marketing, my first two Squidoos are ranking fairly high for baby Squidoos. One of them is at 2,237 and the other at 3,074 ranking. My mentor has Stumbled them for me which I'm sure helped a lot. :Smile:
You can earn money for your favorite charities with your Squidoos (lenses), or you can keep all the money earned from the advertising revenue (they split it with you) and through your own insertion of products from sites such as Amazon, eBay, iTunes and others.
You can add a RSS feed from your blog--another great feature and yet another way to gain readership for your blog!
You can create lenses to sell products, plus create lenses to get quality backlinks to your other blogs and sites such as I've done. Google seems to also have an infatuation with Squidoo so if you link to a site from there, you can have the site spidered and indexed quickly. You will also receive a good ranking for your Squidoo pages on Google.
Have any of my naughty students created a Squid? I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Errr....I mean we'll show, share and trade five stars. And if you don't know what I mean by five stars, go do your homework and find out! Get with the program!
Mr. "Humor-Blogs.com", are you a Squid-ee aussi?
No comments:
Post a Comment