
Class, I've got to get something off my chest--the subject of paid reviews. Now before you get your knickers in a twist, Listen Up and hear me out. Even though paid reviews can be a nice little money-maker and the ubiquitous signs advertising the price of reviews give one the impression that review-purchasing is hot and heavy, I've never liked the concept. I hear you screaming in the background, "BUT WHY?"
And I'll tell you, just so I can get it off my....ahem...fairly large sized chest.
It has to do with my sense of fair play. Why should another feel such a superior blogger they can charge you for a review? Remember this: a fool and his money are soon parted. Just because they have more links and a higher Alexa ranking? BFD.
I like tit for tat in my dealings with others. I like balance in my relationships, and I like link reciprocity and comment reciprocity too. I like to give as good as I get! Call me a cock-eyed optimist if you will.
This is why I was VERY happy to discover Courtney Tuttle's post about blog review trading. What a great idea! Finally, those of us who don't want to shell out our cold hard cash can get a review too! Our day has arrived. The world is our oyster!!!!
Your homework for today is:
1. Count how many cliches I have used thus far in my post and let me know if you also use cliches for your own writing reasons.
2. Trade a review with a fellow blogger. If they're not on the list, hit them up for a trade. Be good to one another. Or even better, give someone a review for the heck of it and surprise them. We ONLY have ONE blogosphere after all.
And now your blondalicious teacher has to get back to work. Do I ever feel bettah! Thanks for listening and letting me get it off my....well, you know what!
What say you on this subject, "Mr. Humor-Blogs.com"?
Now, rush on over to THIS POST and check out the bloggers where you can trade a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment